Mackinac Straits Health Systems
Start your Medical Career with MSHS
Thank you for applying with Mackinac Straits Health System. We are one of the area’s largest employers, with over 325 team members serving our patients and residents throughout our organization. Besides offering competitive wages, we also offer an excellent benefits package for our full and part time team members, which includes affordable Blue Cross/ Blue Shield Health, Dental and Vision plans, prescription drug plans, generous paid time off, and a defined pension program for your retirement.
All of our applicants must pass criminal background checks as well as pre-employment health screenings, which includes drug, alcohol and nicotine testing.
If you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of the patients and residents we serve, we want to talk with you! Simply click on the “apply online” button to complete an on-line application. Note: Applications must be completed in it’s entirely, even if a resume is attached.
We look forward to speaking with you!
Currently hiring for
- Chief Financial Officer, Full Time
- Chief Nursing Officer, RN Required, Full Time
- Certified Hospital Pharmacy Technician, Full Time
- Certified Retail Pharmacy Technician, Full Time
- RN, LPN, CMA or RMA, St. Ignace Clinics, Full Time, Sign on Bonus Available
- RN, LPN, CMA or RMA, Mackinaw City Clinics, Full Time
- Registration Clerk, Full Time, Mackinaw City and St. Ignace
- Seasonal Receptionist, Mackinac Island Medical Clinic
- CNA Students for CNA Class in Summer of 2019
- CNA Students for CNA Class in Summer 2019
- CNA, Full Time and Part Time, Evening Shift
- CNA, Full Time, Evening/Night Shift
- CNA, Part Time, Night Shift
- RN, LPN, or CNA Contingent
- Certified Nurse Assistants (CNA)
- CT Technicians
- Registered Nurses & Licensed Practical Nurses
- Infusion RN, Oncology
- Dietary Aides and Cooks
- Certified Pharmacy Technician, Retail and Hospital Pharmacies
- Medical Technologist/ Medical Laboratory Technician
- Certified Medical Assistants
- Certified Surgical Technician
- Registration Clerks
Full Time Hospitalist
Mackinac Straits Health System (MSHS) is seeking a full time Hospitalist to join our medical staff. We are a 15 bed Critical Access hospital in St. Ignace, Michigan. We have a state of the art, new healthcare campus with a growing Outpatient Surgery Department.
- 5 day work week, 8-10 hour days
- Alternating weekend rotation
- On call rotation
- Emergency Coverage is not required
- Generous compensation and benefits package
Family Practice Physician
Mackinac Straits Health System is seeking a Family Practice Physician to join our medical staff. The St. Ignace Medical Clinic, located inside Mackinac Straits Hospital currently consists of Primary Care, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Oncology, and several specialists. All of our providers work four days a week in an outpatient practice. There are currently no on-call responsibilities for this position.
Mackinac Straits Hospital in St. Ignace is a 15-bed Critical Access Hospital that also houses an Outpatient Surgery Center, Emergency Room/Walk-in Clinic, Tribal Health Clinic, Retail Pharmacy and a 48-bed Long-term Care Facility.
MSHS is a nonprofit organization serving the Straits of Mackinac region with more than 69 dedicated physicians and primary care providers having expertise in more than 14 specialties, including cardiology, general and orthopedic surgery, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, pediatrics, podiatry, urology, and other specialists providing quality care, locally.
As the gateway to the Upper Peninsula on the north side of the Mackinac Bridge, our hospital is surrounded by unlimited opportunities to enjoy nature at its finest. The Upper Peninsula is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream situated on Lake Huron and Lake Michigan, and is close to many state and local parks. Outdoor adventures, coupled with breath taking views, make the Upper Peninsula the ultimate playground. Unique festivals, community events, and an array of locally-owned restaurants make this safe, family friendly community a great place to live and work.
To be considered for these opportunities, please send your CV to Kevin McElroy, Chief Human Resources Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (906) 643-1198.
*Applications must be filled out completely to be considered for a position.
*After submitting an online application, resumes can be sent to: Sandy Brown, HR Coordinator at email@example.com.
*A commitment of 48 hours per month and one weekend per month is required in all per diem positions. MSHS offers a flexible working environment. Benefits for our full time and part time positions include competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including BCBS Health and Dental, a generous time off program, and a defined pension/retirement program. If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of patients, we want to talk with you!
For more information, contact:
Mackinac Straits Health System
1140 North State Street
St. Ignace, MI 49781