Mackinac Straits Health Systems
Start your Medical Career with MSHS
Thank you for applying with Mackinac Straits Health System. We are one of the area’s largest employers, with over 330 team members serving our patients and residents throughout our organization. Besides offering competitive wages, we also offer an excellent benefits package for our full and part time team members, which includes affordable Blue Cross/ Blue Shield Health, Dental and Vision plans, prescription drug plans, generous paid time off, and a defined pension program for your retirement.
*All of our applicants must pass criminal background checks as well as pre-employment health screenings, which includes drug, and alcohol testing.
If you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of the patients and residents we serve, we want to talk with you! Simply click on the “apply online” button to complete an on-line application. Note: Applications must be completed in it’s entirely, even if a resume is attached.
We look forward to speaking with you!
Currently hiring for
*Applications must be filled out completely to be considered for a position.
*After submitting an online application, resumes can be sent to: Sandy Brown, HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*A commitment of 48 hours per month and one weekend per month is required in all per diem positions. MSHS offers a flexible working environment. Benefits for our full time and part time positions include competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including BCBS Health and Dental, a generous time off program, and a defined pension/retirement program. If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of patients, we want to talk with you!
For more information, contact:
Mackinac Straits Health System
1140 North State Street
St. Ignace, MI 49781
- Director of ED Services, RN Required, Full Time
- RN, LPN or CMA, St. Ignace & Cheboygan Clinics, Full Time
- RN, Mackinac Island, Full Time
- RN, Oncology, Full Time
- RN, Surgery, Full Time
- RN, Case Manager, Full Time
- RN, Acute Care, Night Shift, Part Time
- Certified Scrub/Sterile Processing Technician, Surgery, Full Time
- Licensed Pharmacist, Hospital, Full Time
- Licensed Hospital Pharmacy Technician, Full Time
- Lab Dept., MT/MLT, Day and Night Shift, Full Time
- Phlebotomist, Full Time
- Physical Therapist, Full Time
- Physical Therapy Assistant, Full Time
- Registration, St. Ignace Clinic/Therapy, Full Time
- Dietary/Housekeeping Aide, Full Time
- CNA, Acute Care, Night Shift, Full Time
- Students for Free CNA Training Class
- Students for Medical Assistant Apprenticeship program
- RN or LPN, Full Time, Day and Night Shift
- CNA, Full Time, Day and Night Shift
- RN Weekend Supervisor, Full Time
- RN, LPN, or CNA, Contingent
- Resident Assistant (Uncertified Aide), Full Time
- Students for CNA Class in Early Fall 2022
- Certified Nurse Assistants (CNA)
- Ultrasound and CT Technologists
- Lab/Radiology, Mackinac Island
- Registered Nurse, Surgery
- Registered Nurses & Licensed Practical Nurses
- Infusion RN, Oncology
- Maintenance Technician
- Dietary Aides and Cooks
- Pharmacist, Hospital and Retail Pharmacies
- Licensed Pharmacy Technicians, Retail and Hospital Pharmacies
- Medical Technologist/ Medical Laboratory Technician
- Certified Medical Assistants
- Certified Surgical Technician
- Registration Clerks
Due to an upcoming retirement, Mackinac Straits Health System is seeking an Oncologist to join our medical staff. The Oncology/ Infusion Clinic, located inside Mackinac Straits Hospital (St. Ignace), currently joins our other areas of care which include Primary Care, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and several specialists. All of our providers work four days a week in an outpatient practice. There are currently no on-call responsibilities for this position.
Family Practice Physician
Mackinac Straits Health System is seeking a Family Practice Physician to join our medical staff. The St. Ignace Medical Clinic, located inside Mackinac Straits Hospital currently consists of Primary Care, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Oncology, and several specialists. All of our providers work four days a week in an outpatient practice. There are currently no on-call responsibilities for this position.
Mackinac Straits Hospital in St. Ignace is a 15-bed Critical Access Hospital that also houses an Outpatient Surgery Center, Emergency Room/Walk-in “Fast Care” Clinic, Physical Therapy Department, Tribal Health Clinic, Retail Pharmacy and a 48-bed Long-term Care Facility.
MSHS is a nonprofit organization serving the Straits of Mackinac region with more than 69 dedicated physicians and primary care providers having expertise in more than 14 specialties, including cardiology, general and orthopedic surgery, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, pediatrics, podiatry, urology, and other specialists providing quality care, locally.
As the gateway to the Upper Peninsula on the north side of the Mackinac Bridge, our hospital is surrounded by unlimited opportunities to enjoy nature at its finest. The Upper Peninsula is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream situated on Lake Huron and Lake Michigan, and is close to many state and local parks. Outdoor adventures, coupled with breath taking views, make the Upper Peninsula the ultimate playground. Unique festivals, community events, and an array of locally-owned restaurants make this safe, family friendly community a great place to live and work.
To be considered for these opportunities, please send your CV to Kevin McElroy, Chief Human Resources Officer, at email@example.com, or call (906) 643-1198.